Green Living at High Point
Good Choices for a Better Future
The High Point community was designed to be a model of green development and sustainable living. SHA assembled a winning combination of builders, developers, architects, city planners and residents to demonstrate that Green Living is Good Living.
If you are considering a new home at High Point, here are just some of the benefits:
New homes are built to practical standards of sustainability. What this means for you is:
- Reduced costs to heat and cool
- Overall lower energy use
- Reduced water use saves both valuable resources and money
- Home are built to have longer lifecycles and low maintenance costs
When you live at High Point, take comfort in knowing you are in Seattle’s most sustainable neighborhood.
LEARN ABOUT THE SEATTLE GREEN LIVING EXPO
- State of the art Low Impact Development using nature's own processes to clean storm water run-off before it leaves the community
- Landscaped swales along the roadways use native and drough-tolerant plantings to clean run off
- A community pond not only provides wonderful views and a place to walk, but also contributes to cleaning water
- Special measures protect the water quality of Thornton Creek, a recently restored salmon spawning stream leading to Puget Sound
- Community managing of landscaping, using low-impact methods keep the community looking its best